The following short article is a follow-up on From Tyranny to Liberty – How Turning Government Into a “Not-For-Profit” Is a Practical Step Toward Voluntary Living The entire time I was in law school I couldn’t help but think to myself, “If only the founding fathers knew what was coming.” Stephen Molyneux said it best [...]
About Jaime Sherman
From Tyranny to Liberty – How Turning Government Into a “Not-For-Profit” Is a Practical Step Toward Voluntary Living
From Tyranny to Liberty – How Turning Government Into a “Not-For-Profit” Is a Practical Step Toward Voluntary Living The forefathers of modern libertarian thought, from Lysander Spooner to Ludwig von Mises and Murray Rothbard, have set forth excellent principles on which to found an individualist code of ethics. Liberty and libertarianism have begun to take roots in mainstream academia. Scholarship at Mises.org and LewRockwell.com provide great resources on philosophy and [...]
INTRODUCTION One of my favorite questions to ask those adamant about calling government “God’s Authority” is “What defines legitimate government?” It’s when I ask that question that I receive so many different answers it almost sends a Chris Matthews’ shiver up my leg. I cannot tell you how many people’s worlds I have rocked by [...]
Is Leviticus 23:22 a validation of taxation from God? It states: 22 ‘When you reap the harvest of your land, moreover, you shall not reap to the very corners of your field nor gather the gleaning of your harvest; you are to leave them for the needy and the alien. I am the LORD your [...]
Joseph: Evidence for Good Government & Taxes – or a Special Event? A common Biblical claim to support government as “good” and taxes “necessary” is the story of Joseph. We find the bulk of the narrative in Genesis 39 – 45. Of key importance to this study is the nature of Joseph’s rule. As you [...]
WAR OF THE KINGS Genesis 14:1-16 gives an account of a war among kings whose names could provide hours of innuendo fodder for high-schoolers. While there isn’t much context to the war itself, some of the details demonstrate the common negative aspects of warring kings we could imagine, such as losing one’s family to captivity [...]
(Re-posted from here.) My thesis is that human government, by and large as described in the Bible, has been shown to be a consistent failure in terms of producing what is espouses to produce – a productive, healthy and moral people. In connection with this thesis, I will demonstrate the difference between God’s form of [...]
Let’s face it – you are a criminal. Don’t believe me? If you haven’t ever taken the time to scan across your state’s criminal code, go ahead and take a gander. After you’re done with that, go ahead and take a look at your municipal code. Now at your state’s administrative code. Now at the [...]
- While Murderers Run Loose In Philadelphia… May 22, 2013
- Open Carry March, Kimberly Rivera, Kokesh Kidnapping, Defense From Criminal Govt Officials May 22, 2013
- A Response to Adams Critics, Blogger Lilyea, and His Arrest May 20, 2013
- Government Is Outsourced Domestic Violence May 19, 2013
- Adam Kokesh Taken Into Federal Custody May 18, 2013
- Federal Court Rules Videotaping Police Is A First Amendment Right August 31, 2011
- The Irrelevance of the Death of Bin Laden May 2, 2011
- The Plight of Mariestown November 1, 2011
- Licensing is Control, Theft and Slavery May 10, 2011
- Is Free Market Capitalism an Oxymoron? May 3, 2011
- David Shirk: Will explain further in about when I get to a full...
- David Shirk: There are several on YouTube showing at least 3 an...
- John Knoefler: So is there a link to a video of the arrest and th...
- reason: Not trolling. I just don't see the value in this...
- David Shirk: Though in the city of PA, he was in a park paid fo...
Latest from the Movement
- Anything Peaceful
- Foundation for Economic Education
- Freedomain Radio
- LewRockwell Blog
- The Mises Institute