[kml_flashembed movie="http://www.youtube.com/v/msv3UrlLprc" width="425" height="344" allowfullscreen="true" fvars="fs=1" /] [kml_flashembed movie="http://www.youtube.com/v/K3swdbwhYtM" width="425" height="344" allowfullscreen="true" fvars="fs=1" /] [kml_flashembed movie="http://www.youtube.com/v/T9RXp8DYGbU" width="425" height="344" allowfullscreen="true" fvars="fs=1" /] [kml_flashembed movie="http://www.youtube.com/v/cWY3OV68sd8" width="425" height="344" allowfullscreen="true" fvars="fs=1" /] by Michael Shanklin Mises (1881-1973) was a man who never stopped fighting for freedom: not when the Nazis burned his books, not when the Left blackballed him at [...]
http://mises.org/story/3504 Reposted by Michael Shanklin Mises Daily by Ludwig von Mises The entrepreneurs are not omnipresent. They cannot themselves attend to the manifold tasks which are incumbent upon them. Economic calculation as practiced in the market economy, and especially the system of double-entry bookkeeping, make it possible to relieve the entrepreneur of involvement in too much detail. [...]
http://mises.org/story/3482 Reposted by Michael Shanklin Mises Daily by Christopher P. Casey I recently had surgery for appendicitis. Upon seeing me lying in a hospital bed, none of my visitors praised the bed’s healing power in curing my illness. All of them understood that although my condition was eliminated at the same time that I lay in [...]
http://mises.org/story/3489 Reposted by Michael Shanklin Mises Daily by Frank Shostak The fall in the headline consumer price index (CPI) in April for the second consecutive month has raised concern that the US economy might have fallen into a deflationary black hole. Year on year, the CPI fell by 0.7% in April after declining by 0.4% in [...]
http://mises.org/story/3469 Mises Daily by Mark Brandly Reposted by Michael Shanklin The release of the 2009 Social Security Trustees Reportindicates that the current economic crisis has negatively impacted the Social Security budget. It’s now projected that by 2016 Social Security spending will exceed revenues. According to the report, the financial condition of the Social Security program “remains challenging” [...]
http://mises.org/story/3446 Reposted by Michael Shanklin Mises Daily by Thomas J. DiLorenzo The purpose of government is for those who run it to plunder those who do not. Throughout history, governments have used violence, intimidation, coercion, and mass murder to enforce this system. But governments’ first line of “defense” is always a blizzard of lies — [...]
http://mises.org/story/3460 Posted by Michael Shanklin Mises Daily by Frank Shostak 5/12/2009 Since the end of February when the S&P 500 closed at 735.09, the index has been pushing strongly ahead, closing on Friday, May 8, at 929.23 — an increase of 26.4%. We suggest that the key driving force behind this strong bounce is a [...]
http://mises.org/story/3455 Posted by Michael Shanklin Mises Daily by Art Carden History provides ample evidence that ideas matter, and reverence for facts is an intellectual virtue. History also shows that one of the more pernicious phenomena in the world is a set of facts that simply aren’t true. Western industrial history, and the policies building on [...]
http://mises.org/story/3445 Posted by Michael Shanklin Mises Daily by Christopher Westley The recent news that Regions Bank scored the worst of the nation’s 19 largest banks on the federal government’s stress tests reflected its bad loan decisions made during the economic boom. Regions’ subsequent acceptance of TARP money, whether done willingly or not, meant that taxpayers [...]
- A Response to Adams Critics, Blogger Lilyea, and His Arrest May 20, 2013
- Government Is Outsourced Domestic Violence May 19, 2013
- Adam Kokesh Taken Into Federal Custody May 18, 2013
- There Is No Such Thing As A Right To Government May 18, 2013
- Republicans and Freedom May 17, 2013
- Federal Court Rules Videotaping Police Is A First Amendment Right August 31, 2011
- The Irrelevance of the Death of Bin Laden May 2, 2011
- The Plight of Mariestown November 1, 2011
- Licensing is Control, Theft and Slavery May 10, 2011
- Is Free Market Capitalism an Oxymoron? May 3, 2011
- David Shirk: Will explain further in about when I get to a full...
- David Shirk: There are several on YouTube showing at least 3 an...
- John Knoefler: So is there a link to a video of the arrest and th...
- reason: Not trolling. I just don't see the value in this...
- David Shirk: Though in the city of PA, he was in a park paid fo...
Latest from the Movement
- Anything Peaceful
- Foundation for Economic Education
- Freedomain Radio
- LewRockwell Blog
- The Mises Institute